We are cruising right along with this blog series! Thanks for following along and educating yourself on how you can improve efficiency at your firm. The next blog in the series of Customizing Your Case Management System to Improve Efficiency is going to be on the corporation portal also known as the HR Portal. In my last blog we discussed the importance and benefits of using the INSZoom Foreign National Portal to help improve efficiency within your firm. This blog is going to show you how using the HR Portal (Client Portal) can help you improve efficiency and productivity.
The foreign national portal is for your clients/assignees/foreign nationals/employees so they can login to check the status of their immigration cases. The HR Portal is for the global mobility managers/ HR managers/immigration specialists so they can login and check the status of the immigration cases for their global mobility population. This blog will be geared towards those who provide corporate immigration services along with those who work for a corporation.
I write this blog from the perspective of the law firm who is providing access to the HR Portal so those of you who work for a corporation and have an immigration provider using INSZoom, you can see what is available to you for your use. The HR Portal is available to all INSZoom clients who are using Enterprise and Professional Editions.
Benefits of using the HR Portal
- Customize the portal to show only the information that you want the global mobility professional to see.
- Provide access to create, upload and edit corporation travel policies and guidelines.
- Provide access to create, upload and edit corporation related updates, news or travel alerts.
- Allow the global mobility professional to upload corporate digital documents that could be needed for immigration purposes such as block visa approvals, proof of company origins in a host country, etc.
- The global mobility professional can view their entire global mobility population, their cases, their info, emails, notes, expiration dates, etc.
- Ability to run their own reports! You can create Adhoc reports specifically for a client and grant access to the report so the global mobility professional can run it themselves. You can also grant access to INSZoom created reports.
- Grant access rights that are specific to the global mobility professional. For example, if the global mobility professional is responsible for foreign nationals going to AsiaPAC you can grant them access to only those individuals and they won’t be able to see anything else.
- Set appointments with the global mobility professional that will appear on a calendar in the HR Portal.
- Allow the global mobility professional to request a new case for a foreign national directly with you. They can upload the PPT, CV, Job Description or any other available document that they might have when submitting the request. This means the documents are already uploaded into INSZoom and the foreign nationals profile has been created saving you the time of doing this yourself!
- Initiate a new request directly to the foreign national with the case manager in cc on the email.
- Reduce the amount of emails that come from your global mobility professional asking for an update on immigration petitions. If you built the case steps that I taught you about 2 blogs ago and they match the immigration process then the global mobility professional can login to the portal, check the status of the cases for their foreign nationals and easily see the status of an immigration process.
- Track and view the expiration dates of many documents from passports, visas, cases, I-94, I797, EAD, Green Card, and anything else you could possibly want to track! This will greatly help to reduce the emails from your global mobility professional asking for this information.
- Upload documents in a secure manner! Not only is it safer but it is faster. Many email servers have limits on the size of the documents that can be sent and received. The global mobility professional can upload documents at the time of the case request. This ensures you are able to review these items right away and they are already in the system with the profile created! This is a huge help and a major time saver to you and your team. (documents can also be uploaded at time)
- You are empowering your global mobility professional by providing them 24/7 access to their data. Global mobility professionals are kind of stuck in the middle. They need to keep their company costs down, they need to ensure the happiness of their employees and they need to work with their immigration provider in an efficient manner. Most global mobility professional wear a lot of hats and have to keep a lot of balls in the air at the same time. I personally would prefer to have access to information so I did not have to ask for it and I can assure you that they would want the same thing.
- The global mobility professional can run their own reports! This is my favorite benefit! How many hours are spent running reports for clients on a weekly basis? Create company specific reports and grant them access to them so they can run them themselves! The only thing you need to do is ensure you are keeping INSZoom updated at all times…but you should be doing this anyways…right?
In my last blog I mentioned how using the FNP will help you with RFP’s. Well, the HR Portal is more important for you to understand as this will seal the deal on those RFP’s. Corporate clients want to have access to their data! Not only do they want it, they demand it and you need to make sure you can provide it. INSZoom provides the HR Portal to you and it is part of your subscription so there is no reason not to harness the power of this tool.
This is a screen shot of the HR Portal that has information populated in it and all of the features available. Remember, for items that you don’t use or don’t want the global mobility professional to be able to view, you can hide them.
(click image to enlarge)
If you would like more information on using the HR Portal please reach out to me, Christen Gause, for more information. I am happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.
Christen Gause, MBA
Manager, Business Development & Solutions | INSZoom.com, Inc. | firstname.lastname@example.org
Main: 925 244-0600 Ext 285